This course provides an introduction to the network and system architectures that support high volume business to business web sites and portals. The course will provide insight into the structure of the modern e-Business architecture and its integration with "back-office" business applications. Critical business and technology issues include material handling/planning, supplier/customer planning, load balancing techniques at the server and network level, fault tolerance and recovery of database and application servers. The SAP R/3 ERP system will be used to demonstrate the concepts.
This course is designed as an overview. You will not be required to demonstrate detailed engineering or information systems expertise. However, we will...
- develop a working vocabulary, along with a sound conceptual understanding of the most common
- e-commerce business models, technologies and standards that are implemented by many on-line organizations, and
- identify the capabilities, typical uses, and the limitations of such technologies.
Major Technologies Covered
- Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERP)
- Database Management Systems
- SAP R/3 ERP System Management
- Material/Supplier Management Configuration
- Application Servers